In December last year we welcomed ICAP New Zealand aboard as a Partner of The Neonatal Trust New Zealand. Such is our gratitude for their support, it’s our pleasure to have them named as our first official ‘Partner of the month’
ICAP decided to support kids from birth through school, as we had the privilege of being chosen as a recipient alongside fellow Kiwi charity Kids Can. This support was part of ICAP’s Global Charity Day where they pledge one hundred percent of the revenue and broker’s commissions made on the 4th December to go directly to charity: www.icapcharityday.com
Worldwide, ICAP raised a staggering $15.5 million!
Themed Jane and the Dragon courtesy of another of our great Partners, Weta Workshop, the ICAP staff donned medieval robes and armour as they worked away on our behalf.
They raised an unbelievable $38,500 for The Neonatal Trust on the day and these funds have been put toward the provision of our direct services that help reduce the stress of parents going through their neonatal journey.
This includes, but isn’t limited to:
The direct emotional, logistical and general support provided by Rachel Hjert and Tasia Houtas at the Wellington Neonatal Trust office (at the entrance to the Wellington NICU). This covers so much, including:
* Being there to listen and support parents in any way they can
* Running NICU tours for parents
* Co-ordinating support services such as accommodation, counselling, appointments, etc
* Providing support information
- Organising our ‘Just for Dads’ support evenings (including providing light snacks)
- Organising and facilitating the parent lunches which assist with information sharing and fostering support networks
- Organising coffee support groups. These are hugely important as they provide support for mothers in the community who haven’t had the ante-natal classes usually provided to mothers – missed due to the early arrival of their child/children
- Providing the Trusts subsidised breast pump hire service
To the team at ICAP, we can’t say thanks enough. You truly are Neonatal Heroes!
Your efforts truly have helped us to:
make a difficult start to life that little bit easier