The Neonatal Trust is priviledged to have the support of Baby Sensory
For some time, we’ve been working together and sharing information to help those on a neonatal journey. Using their research based material, we’ve co-produced support material:
- The first of the new resources ‘Supporting Development‘
- Which was followed by the Sensory Processing resource.
And, watch this space for more to follow!
To see details of these, and the other Support resource, head to: www.neonataltrust.org.nz/support
A ‘Senseathon’ to raise funds and awareness
To provide more support to The Neonatal Trust, Baby Sensory are running a ‘Senseathon’ fundraiser in March 2019. The key details are:
- The Senseathon will be a fun, themed event run by Baby Sensory. Parents and their babies/toddlers will be tasked with completing special fun ‘’challenges’’ during the Senseathon classes, while supporting other babies by raising funds for The Neonatal Trust – there will even be a chance for the babies (and grown ups!) to dress up in fancy dress!
- The support of The Neonatal Trust follows on from similar overseas Baby Sensory Senseathon events which raise funds for other neonatal causes (eg, Tommys in the UK)
- The funds raised will support neonatal research plus our other support of neonatal families in New Zealand
About Baby Sensory
Dr Lin Day (PhD, M.Phil, PGCE, BSc, Dip Ed), is one of the UK’s leading parenting experts and a renowned author within the field of childcare and education. With over 35 years of practical experience working with parents and children and driven by the passion and commitment to offer the best possible service, Dr Lin Day developed Baby Sensory, Toddler Sense and Baby Foundations to provide the support and knowledge necessary to lead baby learning and development forwards in the most important first years of life (and ran classes herself for 9 years).
- Baby Sensory programmes are based on research, so it’s a great link to be able to support neonatal research through the Senseathon
- ‘Sensathon’ fundraiser has been run in the UK, with success (Supporting ‘Tommys’ a UK neonatal charity)
- There are 11 Baby Sensory franchises currently in New Zealand
- 1,100 babies per week attend a session
To learn more, head to www.babysensory.co.nz
About Neonatal research
One of the three core objectives of The Neonatal Trust is to aid neonatal-related medical research. The Neonatal Trust is proud to support neonatal research, as it creates enhanced outcomes for thousands of future neonatal babies.
Note: All research we support has appropriate ethics sign off.
New Zealand is a world leader in neonatal care and neonatal research. We’re proud to have supported many research programmes that contribute to enhanced understanding and outcomes (through changes to clinical care). These include research looking into the:
- long term outcomes for neonatal babies (vs the general population)
- effectiveness of blood transfusions (and ways to enhance these)
- impact of creatine and other treatments and supplements on brain development
You can view details of specific neonatal research programmes on this page.
- Piece from the One Percent Collective Generosity Journal: ‘The tiniest patients‘
- Profile on Dr Max Berry